FoEI aims to ensure that the struggles and experiences of local communities – especially those most affected by unsustainable development – are brought to bear on policies and practices at national and international levels. We focus on five program areas: climate justice and energy, forests and biodiversity, food sovereignty, extractive industries and economic justice. Our vision is of a peaceful and sustainable world based on societies living in harmony with nature.
FoEI's decentralized and democratic structure allows all member groups to participate in decision-making. We are governed by our member groups, which are organized in regional structures and come together every two years to vote on issues facing the federation. Between meetings governance is provided by an elected Executive Committee made up of representatives from our groups. A small International Secretariat is based in Amsterdam.
FoEI's current funding comes primarily from development aid, foundation grants and membership fees. Fundraising must be aligned with FoEI's mission and values. FoEI does not accept donations from corporations.
FoEI is seeking a talented International Fundraising Coordinator to ensure that the federation is engaged in effective fundraising strategies. The position reports to FoEI's International Coordinator and is based in FoEI's International Secretariat in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- design, implement and manage a creative multi-year, comprehensive and strategic fundraising plan in collaboration with the International Secretariat Management Team and the (remotely-based) Executive Committee and International Program Coordinators;
- provide thorough evaluation of current development activities and identify and pursue new opportunities;
- provide strategic thinking and assist with regional development efforts;
- ensure fundraising is aligned with FoEI's mission and vision.
- provide input to finance staff with budget preparations, cash flow projections and annual audits;
- serve on the International Secretariat Management Team.
Donor agencies and private foundations
- stay abreast of funding options for FoEI from development aid organizations and private foundations;
- develop, facilitate and coordinate FoEI proposals and collaborative proposals with member groups and regional structures;
- ensure relationships with existing FoEI funders are strong and conducive to further funding;
- represent FoEI in funding coalitions and collaborations;
- deploy FoEI Executive Committee members, International Program Coordinators and International Coordinator as needed to funder meetings and events.
Individual donors and communications
- work with the FoEI Communications team to develop a vision and strategy for online fundraising and provide input on the fundraising aspects of external communication tools such as the website, social networking sites and publications;
- develop a vision and strategy for fundraising from major donor individuals, within the confines of FoEI's structure and rules.
Planning, monitoring and evaluating FoEI activities
- work with management team and grant management staff to ensure PM&E systems are in place for grants managed by the International Secretariat and procedures followed.
- proven track record of leadership in designing, managing and implementing a full suite of development efforts, including development aid funders, private foundations and major gifts;
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to persuasively communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences and non-native English speakers;
- experience with PM&E systems and requirements;
- demonstrated ability to work within a multi-cultural office environment and a complex, decentralized, multi-cultural federation;
- ability to support numerous projects and teams concurrently;
- demonstrated commitment to environmental justice and human rights;
- ability to work independently while also working with numerous remotely-based partners;
- excellent command, both spoken and written, of the English language; working knowledge of Spanish or French is a plus;
- 5 years of relevant experience.
What FoEI offers:
We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
Full time Salary (37.5 hours/week) between € 3,596 and € 4,261 monthly.
Contract duration: 1 year, to be renewed upon positive performance evaluation.
Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Please send your letter and CV to Wieke Wagenaar, FoEI Personnel Manager at vacancies[at]foei.org before February 24, 2014, 9.00 am (Amsterdam time) with “fundraising coordinator” in the subject title. Interviews will be held on March 3, 2014.