recent entries from our blog
- Defend life (Jmaktik buch’utik sk’anik spojik jkuxlejaltik) - a poem about Plantations
- What some Friends of the Earth Groups are planning for The International Day Against Monoculture Tree Plantations on September 21
- Friends of the Earth groups around the world will commemorate the International Day against Monoculture Tree Plantations in a variety of creative ways. We are working to get the word out across the world. We hope you will join us and get some inspiration from these examples of Friends of the Earth actions below.
- Join the Global Frackdown for a Ban on Fracking!
- Friends of the Earth International is supporting Global Frackdown, a mass global day of action on Saturday, September 22 demanding a ban on fracking around the world.
- Join the Global Frackdown on September 22
- Fracking for oil and gas poses a direct and immediate threat to our drinking water, our health and our communities. But the oil and gas industry is ramping up its PR machine to try and convince the public and decision makers that fracking is safe. It’s time to fight back in our communities with a Global Frackdown!
- International Day against Monoculture Tree Plantations: September 21
- Branding a plantation a 'forest' is like calling a big swimming pool a 'lake'