food and agriculture calendar 2007
The winning photos were profiled in our trilingual wall calendar, which was distributed through our member groups and through retailers. The winning photos can be viewed on the FoEI website.
The judges for the 2007 competition were the following:
- Yann Arthus-Bertrand, world renowned aerial photographer of the planet's ecosystems
- Bangladeshi photographer G.M.B. Akash, first-place winner of last year’s photo competition and cover photographer of the 2007 calendar.
- Peter Menzel, US photojournalist and author of “Hungry Planet: What The World Eats".
- Akintunde Akinleye, first-place winner World Press Photo 2007 in "Spot News" category, from Nigeria.
- Mariann Bassey, GMO Campaigner from Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria.
- Dr. Juan Almendares, Director of Movimiento Madre Tierra/Friends of the Earth Honduras and member of the Friends of the Earth International Executive Committee.
- Dinar Rani Setiawan, Food Campaigner from WALHI/Friends of the Earth Indonesia.
- Nivia Silva, coordinator of the Landless Movement in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
− Tatiana Roa, Friends of the Earth Colombia.
Winning photo in the 2007 photo competition by Boaz Rottem.