Friends of the Earth International - english feed
The website of Friends of the Earth International - the world's largest grassroot's environmental network
- Friends of the Earth Netherlands: Nigerians and Milieudefensie appeal in Shell case
- AMSTERDAM/PORT HARCOURT, 1 May 2013 – Today, the Nigerian farmers from two villages who lost their case against Shell, together with Friends of the Earth Netherlands (Milieudefensie), have submitted an appeal to the 30 January decision by the court in The Hague. Milieudefensie is also filing an appeal in a third case. All the cases are centred around oil pollution due to spills from Shell pipelines and oil wells.
- Friends of the Earth South Africa: Climate change to be 'unpacked' on Earth Day 2013
- Environmental justice NGO Friends of the Earth South Africa/ groundWork is celebrating Earth Day today by launching its latest publication 'Unpacking Climate Change: Background notes to the catastrophe' in an e-book version online. This year's Earth Day theme is “The face of climate change”, looking at how climate change is affecting real people and environments throughout the world, and how people are stepping up to take action to stop it.
- European companies not respecting Human Rights in Guatemala
- Social movements in Guatemala are being increasingly criminalized, repressed, intimidated and subjected to human rights abuses, according to representatives of indigenous and feminist social movements.
- Financial statements 2012
- Friends of the Earth South Africa: Brics-from-below summit: Watching and challenging power!
- As the five heads of states of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) meet on African soil in Durban next week for the developing nations’ summit, civil society in Durban will be holding its own summit of a very different nature.
- World Bank Must End Support for Honduran Palm Oil Company Implicated in Dozens of Murders
- WASHINGTON (DC), MARCH 19 2013 -- Today several Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) condemned a statement by the World Bank’s International Finance Corporation, IFC  which defends the record of a Honduran palm oil company, Grupo Dinant, implicated in dozens of murders as well as other human rights abuses. The IFC statement explicitly admits to supporting training for the company’s armed security guards.
- Genetically modified crops: European farming at risk
- Environmental and agricultural organisations have launched a new campaign today to prevent the further spread of genetically modified (GM) crops in Europe. The European Commission is currently considering reviving talks to approve 25 new GM-crops for cultivation in Europe – including crops resistant to the pesticide RoundUp and insecticide-producing varieties of GM maize, soybean and sugarbeet. The groups claim that such a move would drastically change farming in Europe, leading to a big increase in pesticide use, contamination of conventional and organic crops and a further industrialisation of the countryside.
- March 8 is International Women's Day: Interviews with women leaders from the Fair Green and Global Alliance
- March 8 is International Women's Day. We are proud to present a selection of videos with women leaders from around the world. Hover over the image below for links to the videos.
- Sime Darby's response to SDI fact checking letter before the release of Uncertain Futures Report
- SDI fact checking letter to Sime Darby before publishing Uncertain Futures Report