Key to the solution is the right of communities to choose their sustainable energy sources and to develop a healthy consumption level. There is also a need for greenhouse gas emissions reduction and for all people to equally share resources within ecological limits. Friends of the Earth International works for climate justice and energy access through proactive, community based campaigns and projects.
UN Green Climate Fund
- Summit of the Peoples - Santiago de Chile
- The Summit of the Peoples of Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe will take place in Santiago, Chile from January 25 to 27.
- Verdict due in case against Shell
- Four Nigerians who have been victims of multinational oil giant Shell’s polluting activities in the Niger Delta are striving for justice. They are hoping a Dutch court will issue a verdict in their favour on 30 January, as part of a ground-breaking legal case filed against the Anglo-Dutch oil corporation.
- Solidarity with the victims in the resistance against agribusiness in Argentina
- Friends of the Earth International, the world's largest federation of grassroots environmental groups, expresses its solidarity with the families of Cristian Ferreyra and Miguel Galván, members of the Peasant Movement of Santiago del Estero (MOCASE), and to all who support the fight against the advance of agribusiness in Argentina.