FoEI exposes and challenges the influence of big corporations and international institutions; questions the neoliberal policies promoted by development banks and international institutions; and opposes trade negotiations that focus on market access while undermining people’s needs, community rights and environmental justice. We work with social movements around the world, promoting local communities’ sustainable initiatives, to change the course of the economy in a dynamic, creative and constructive way.
Friends of the Earth International challenges the influence of big corporations and questions neoliberal policies and trade that do not take people’s needs into account. Our campaigns aim to change the course of the economy in a dynamic, creative and constructive way. We share the inspiration and the positive experiences with old and new, just and sustainable development thinking and practices.
- How European banks and private finance profit from food speculation and land grabs
- Daniel Pentzlin introduces Farming Money, Friends of the Earth Europe's latest report that looks at how European banks and private finance profit from food speculation and land grabs.
- Public Eye award winners
- At a press conference within view of the World Economic Forum (WEF) a banking giant and construction giant have been crowned the world's worst companies.
- Vote for Vale as the world's worst multinational company
- Our colleagues at Friends of the Earth Brazil urge you to vote for the construction company behind Brazil's Belo Monte Dam - currently displacing 40,000 people in the Amazon - to be crowned the worst corporation of the year.