FoEI exposes and challenges the influence of big corporations and financial institutions, questions the neoliberal policies promoted by development banks and international institutions, and opposes trade negotiations that focus on market access while undermining people’s needs, community rights and environmental justice. We believe that only by targeting the economic drivers of neoliberalism that are at the heart of today's economic system, can we apply pressure for real system change. We also work with social movements around the world, promoting local communities’ sustainable initiatives, to change the course of the economy in a dynamic, creative and constructive way, as well as to build movement and popular solutions for Economic Justice Alternatives on a global scale.
- How European banks and private finance profit from food speculation and land grabs
- Daniel Pentzlin introduces Farming Money, Friends of the Earth Europe's latest report that looks at how European banks and private finance profit from food speculation and land grabs.
- Public Eye award winners
- At a press conference within view of the World Economic Forum (WEF) a banking giant and construction giant have been crowned the world's worst companies.
- Vote for Vale as the world's worst multinational company
- Our colleagues at Friends of the Earth Brazil urge you to vote for the construction company behind Brazil's Belo Monte Dam - currently displacing 40,000 people in the Amazon - to be crowned the worst corporation of the year.