FoEI works with local communities and indigenous peoples to conserve forests, and strengthen communities’ rights and community management of forests. We campaign against industrial large scale plantations, monoculture, destructive logging and the commodification and financialization of forests and biodiversity.
We urgently need to protect the forests in our fight for a sustainable future for everybody.
- Experts warn Tripa orangutan extinction imminent
- Friends of the Earth Indonesia (Walhi) and other civil society groups have called on the Indonesian courts urgently address the spate of recent fire burning throughout the protected Tripa peat swamps, an area hosting one of the highest densities of orangutans anywhere in the world.
- briefings: exposing the corporate capture of UN institutions
- As part of our corporate capture campaign we're producing a series of case studies which aim to help open a window into the complex and largely hidden world of corporate pressure exerted over national and international climate and environmental policy including carbon trading.
- In the REDD: Australia's carbon offset project in central Kalimantan
- This report was researched by campaigners in Friends of the Earth Australia who visited Indonesia to examine the Kalimantan Forests and Climate Partnership, the world's first large scale REDD pilot project that was set up between Australia and Indonesia.