Read more about the background to the case and watch videos of
- UN land crisis report: high demand creating hunger and environmental destruction
- DAVOS (SWITZERLAND) / LONDON (UK), 24 January 2014 – Commenting on a key United Nations report on global land use launched today at the World Economic Forum in Davos, highlighting risks to people and the environment from increasing global competition for land, Kirtana Chandrasekaran, Friends of the Earth International food sovereignty coordinator said:
- Visit to Palestine Exposes Environmental Injustices and Human Rights Abuses Under the Israeli Occupation
- RAMALLAH, WEST BANK (PALESTINE), October 14, 2013 – A four day high-level Friends of the Earth International visit to Friends of the Earth Palestine (also known as PENGON) concluded on October 13th, when Friends of the Earth International chair Jagoda Munic presented a report during a press conference in Ramallah.
- Liberia Spending Too Little on Agriculture
- Civil society raises concerns on prioritization of land allocation to foreign investors and insufficient public agricultural budget MONROVIA (LIBERIA), September 12, 2013 – The Liberian government is spending just two per cent of its budget on agriculture, despite Africa-wide consensus since 2003 that spending must be raised to ten per cent.