Drilling platforms, pipelines and large-scale mines cause environmental disasters, intensify social conflicts and are often associated with severe human right violations. Through the large-scale pollution of land, air and water, people lose their livelihoods and develop health problems.
We work at local, national and international levels to support communities in their struggle against these problems. We advocate an end to subsidies from publicly-funded institutions to oil, gas and mining projects. And we challenge the world's governments to redirect their support towards economic alternatives that could take us towards equitable and sustainable societies.
Find out more >
- Demand a full investigation of the attempted killing of human rights defender Ms María Santos Domínguez
- Four Nigerian Plaintiffs take Shell to Court in The Netherlands
- Plaintiffs from devastated communities in Nigeria tell their stories in their own words.
- Friends of the Earth Europe: Shale gas: unconventional and unwanted
- New report highlights dangers of unconventional fuel to environment and health