taking shell to court
Friends of the Earth Nigeria and Netherlands is using legal channels to force oil companies in Nigeria to clean up their operations. Find out about their court case against Shell.
- nigerians warning communities about ghana's black gold
- Although oil and gas exploration have been central to the Nigerian economy for over fifty years, the people living in the Niger Delta have only pain and anguish to show for it. New oil fields have now been discovered off the coast of neighbouring Ghana, and it is claimed that this will boost Ghana’s economy. But little consideration seems to have been given to its potential impacts on people living close to distribution pipes and refineries.
- taking shell to court
- FoE Nigeria and FoE Netherlands are using legal channels to force oil companies, especially Shell, to clean up their operations in Nigeria.
- shell: use your profits to clean up your mess
- To expose Shell’s dereliction of duty, Friends of the Earth International took out two-page advertisements in the Volkskrant (Netherlands) and a one-page ad in the Guardian (UK) newspaper.