- Under Pressure: How our material consumption threatens the planet’s water resources
- A new report by Friends of the Earth Europe shows that European consumption is threatening the world's water supply.
- Colombia: Demonstrations mark International Day Against Dams
- On Wednesday March 16, civil society organisations in Colombia took to the streets of the capital Bogota, to mark the International Day of Action Against Dams and for the defence of rivers, water and life. They were joined by other like-minded organisations from the continent and beyond.
- un vote to recognise water as a human right
- On July 28 the United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly agreed to a resolution declaring the human right to "safe and clean drinking water and sanitation."