working for truly sustainable societies
Friends of the Earth France is a non profit organization without allegiance to any political or religious associations. Since it’s creation in 1970, it has been an active contributor to the foundation of the French ecologist movement.
Friends of the Earth France works towards the advent of truly sustainable societies in the North as well as in the South:
- In which basic needs of all citizens are satisfied without jeopardizing the ability of future generations to satisfy their needs.
- Where the access to and the sharing of natural resources are equitable.
- Where the right of every citizen to live in a safe environment and the need to protect it are respected.
- Where all forms of life are respected.
We are taking action through campaigns and negotiations at local, national and international levels .
Our main campaigns are currently focused on:
- Protecting the rainforests .
- International Finance Institutions (IFI) .
- Agriculture, biotechnologies and GMO.
- Sustainable production and consumption/Ecoproduction
- Climate, Energy and transport
- Nuclear issues.
Being linked with the Friends of the Earth International network provides us an invaluable local, national and international approach for peaceful mobilization. This dynamic is essential in order to overcome the reticence and incapacities of our governments and economic leaders.
Find more about Friends of the Earth France and some of its campaigns