The Centre for Environmental Justice (CEJ) is an initiative to promote environmental good governance and environmental justice. CEJ was established in January 2004 as a public interest environmental organization to engage in environmental campaigning and legal advocacy nation-wide. They work closely with local communities and impacted peoples and support them through a broad range of activities.
CEJ's goals and objectives are:
- to sharpen public debate on environmental good governance,
- promote ecologically sustainable development and environmentally responsible neighborhoods,
- safeguard nature and people from environmentally & socially irresponsible activities and human rights violations,
- promote community participation in decision making in natural resources and,
- promote environmental justice and equity through legal and other means.