Otros Mundos focuses mainly on Mexico's rural, indigenous and peasant population. They work with people from cooperatives, communities and social organizations.
They promote human rights, economic, social, cultural, environmental and indigenous people's rights, capacity building, education and the organization and support of social movements.
Otros Mundos aims to support social organizations and movements by:
- Supplying information and educational materials relating to the issues.
- Providing analysis and research that adds clarity to the local issues in a global framework.
- Generating alternatives for sustainable development in society
- Strengthening social, organizational, family and personal networks
- Promoting broad and inclusive organizational processes to address climate change.