You are here:
Center for Environment is one of the strongest and most active environmental organizations in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It brings together professionals and activists dedicated to the protection and improvement of the environment.
The objectives of the organization are:
- Raising public awareness about the environment
- Protecting and enhancing the environment
- Promoting and advocating the principles of sustainable development
- Popularization of volunteer work
- Advocating greater public participation in decision making about the environment
Our three main programs are: Energy and Climate Change, Transport and Biodiversity and Protected Areas. Currently, Center for Environment is actively campaigning against thermal and hydro power plants in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Center was established in 1999 and is based in Banja Luka and working across the whole of Bosnia and Herzegovina.