The International Secretariat of Friends of the Earth International in Amsterdam is currently recruiting a:
secretary / receptionist (m/f) 70 % (3.5 days)
The secretary / receptionist is responsible for the facilitation of office operations: office spaces, equipment, supplies, communications infrastructure and administrative support for colleagues.
Her/his responsibilities include:
- minutes staff meetings
- handling incoming mail and carry out mailings
- answering the phone and receiving visitors
- maintaining contacts database
- managing budget office expenses
- handling petty cash
- contact with landlord
- overseeing maintenance and cleaning of the office
- overseeing maintenance and purchase of equipment
- taking care of office supplies
- organising logistics for local meetings
- travel arrangements
- arranging insurance
- assisting with personnel administration
- overseeing info request volunteers and assist with responding to general inquiries
- assisting colleagues on request
- assisting with project administration
- coordinating translations for international meetings
The secretary/receptionist will be accountable to the Finance & Personnel Manager.
We are looking for:
an energetic, efficient and friendly new member of the International Secretariat (IS) of Friends of the Earth International in Amsterdam. This new staff member will be the first face and voice visitors and callers from across the world are encountering and he/she is representing FoEI and what FoEI stands for. We are a federation of grassroots activists who want to live the change we want to see and need our secretary/receptionist to be a welcoming host to those who share our vision & mission.
We are looking for someone who can support the IS team and make their work easier by providing the services needed to make an office run smoothly. This would encompass the following skills and experience:
- experience in office management
- versatile in office applications (open office, ms office)
- being organized, planning skills
- negotiation skills (suppliers)
- business correspondence English/Dutch
- capacity to guide volunteers
- keep the office space tidy, well-stocked and organized
- organizational skills
- experience organizing meetings, minute taking
- problem solving skills
- budget management skills
- handling petty cash
- managing office budget
- able to work with small budget, inventiveness
- interpersonal skills
- intercultural skills
- service-oriented, willing to assist the staff
- language skills
- Dutch – fluent in speaking and writing
- English – fluent in speaking and writing
- Spanish or French would be an advantage
What FoEI offers:
We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
Full time salary between € 2,646 and € 2,847 monthly depending on experience.
Contract duration: 1 year, to be renewed upon positive performance evaluation.
Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Please send your letter and CV to Wieke Wagenaar, FoEI Personnel Manager at vacancies[at]foei.org before April 20, 2015, 9.00 am with “secretary” in the subject title . Interviews will be held in the week of 4 May 2015.