Friends of the Earth International (FoEI) is a global network of 75 organisations campaigning on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
Its international secretariat in Amsterdam is looking for an:
Events Coordinator (EC) - 80 %
The EC will be responsible for the logistics of a variety of FoEI events, ranging from board meetings in Amsterdam to big delegations at international events such as the Climate summits or federation meetings with more than 100 participants. In some cases the EC will be physically present at the event, in other cases logistics management of the event is done remotely in collaboration with local partners. The EC will also support their colleagues in the Amsterdam office with their travel needs.
The tasks include:
- On the basis of an agreed event plan the EC Works with relevant FOEI International Secretariat staff, FOEI International Coordinators, and with the relevant FOE member group to ensure smooth implementation of the event.
- Coordinate the delivery of agreed events to the standards/specifications, budgets and timelines agreed in the event plan and following FoEI administrative procedures (reimbursement rules, payment process) and in some cases provide support at events.
- Maintain lists of event participants, travel itineraries, accommodation, costs.
- Provide support to event participants including visa arrangements, support in travel arrangement and registration for event.
- Communication with FOE member groups and their representatives as needed regarding logistical information in relation to events.
- Give input on logistics in the evaluation of the events.
- Support FoEI staff with their travel needs: book tickets and accommodation and arrange visa.
- Ensure any relevant information is entered into the FoEI central database.
- 2 years’ experience in organizing international events.
- Excellent command, both spoken and written, of English as well as fluency in Spanish or French. Basic knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to respect deadlines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with working in multi-cultural work environment.
- Affinity with FoEI’s vision and mission.
- Permission to work in the EU.
What FoEI offers:
We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
Salary for 0.8 ftu (30 hours/week) between € 2,144 and € 2,253 gross monthly.
Contract duration: 12 months, to be renewed upon positive performance evaluation.
Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Please submit your application at the following link before February 5, 2017: Application form. Interviews will be held on Thursday 9 February 2017.
Friends of the Earth International is an equal opportunities employer and committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environment movement including: black and minority ethnic people; disabled people; lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people; and women in senior positions.
From FoEI’s vision statement:
“We envision a society of interdependent people living in dignity, wholeness and fulfilment in which equity and human and peoples’ rights are realized.
This will be a society built upon peoples’ sovereignty and participation. It will be founded on social, economic, gender and environmental justice […]”