You are here:
As a federation of grassroots environmental groups, FoEI is not able to accept individuals as members. The criteria below refer to those groups who are members of the FoEI network.
A member group of FoEI should meet the following criteria:
- FoE groups are aligned with FoEI's vision (of both the federation and the world), core values and mission
- FoE groups are independent from political parties, economic interests, state and religious organizations
- FoE groups work on multiple environmental issues and incorporate a justice perspective
- FoE groups have participatory democracy or other forms of participatory decision-making processes
- FoE groups seek gender balance in leadership and representation
- FoE groups work effectively on both the national and grassroots levels, and work to strengthen social movements in their local, national and international contexts
- FoE groups are transparent and accountable to their constituents
- FoE groups adhere to FoEI's fundraising guidelines and rules of engagement with transnational corporations
- FoE groups are engaged in the international activities of the federation.
If your group is interested in becoming a member of the Friends of the Earth international network and meets these criteria, and there is not already a FoE member group in your country, please contact us for a membership application form.