For more than 40 years we’ve seen that the wellbeing of people and planet go hand in hand – and it’s been the inspiration for our campaigns. Together with thousands of people we’ve secured safer food and water, defended wildlife and natural habitats, championed the move to clean energy and acted to keep our climate stable.
The next 40 years will bring enormous changes to our amazing planet – an increasingly chaotic climate, massive loss of animal and plant species and serious damage to some of the natural systems that support life on Earth.
Our job is to help limit the damage – and begin to make it right. The wellbeing and prosperity of billions of people around the world depend on it.
So what do we bring to the challenge?
- Communicating the big picture. All our work helps people to see that the future of humanity and the future of the planet are one and the same.
- Tackling the greatest threats first – both to our environment and, therefore, to people.
- Running campaigns. Game-changing, far-reaching and relevant ones that make smart use of the latest tools and thinking.
- Getting more people on board, campaigning together for a better future.
- Being a hub for a movement for change – providing information and inspiration for people who want to get involved.