You are here:
0.8 fte - 30 hours - 4 days a week
Friends of the Earth International (FoEI) is the world’s largest grassroots environmental federation with 74 autonomous member groups around the world. FoEI aims to ensure that the struggles and experiences of local communities – especially those most affected by unsustainable development – are brought to bear on policies and practices at national and international levels. We focus on four program areas: climate justice and energy, forests and biodiversity, food sovereignty, and economic justice. Our vision is of a peaceful and sustainable world based on societies living in harmony with nature.
FoEI’s decentralized and democratic structure allows all member groups to participate in decision-making. We are governed by our member groups, which are organized in regional structures and come together every two years to vote on issues facing the federation. Between meetings governance is provided by an elected Executive Committee made up of representatives from our groups. A small International Secretariat, which coordinates communications work for the federation, is based in Amsterdam.
The Digital Coordinator will lead on Friends of the Earth International’s digital work, strategically and practically. The Digital Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining and developing Friends of the Earth International's website, digital platforms and tools, and internal communication tools and systems. The Digital Coordinator will also be responsible for providing training to ensure federation wide access to resources and tools.
This is an exciting time for the role of Digital Coordinator as we are embarking on developing a new website and other digital systems with a view to driving forward FoEI’s digital communications. The role sits in the communications team, which currently consists of a Communications Coordinator, a Real World Radio Coordinator and a Communications Officer. The role will entail some evening and weekend work. Day to day work will be in English, but the website and other platforms are published in English, Spanish and French and the Digital Coordinator will be interacting with people from around the world who speak Spanish and French.
- Responsible for leading on FoEI’s digital strategy in line with FoEI's communications strategy
- Responsible for all digital work including development of digital activism tools
- Primary website developer: Responsible for the planning and development of a new FoEI website
- Responsible for the update, maintenance and further development of the website and other digital platforms
- Line management of one freelance web developer
- Responsible for representing all digital work in internal and external meetings, presenting and updating the federation and structures where necessary
- Responsible for CRM, supporter database, security and GDPR
- Managing third party hosting and support companies and updating contracts when necessary
- Managing FoEI’s mailing lists
- Working with the federation and membership team to assist member groups/regions/the federation to meet their needs for digital communication tools
- Training colleagues in necessary digital skills, including Google analytics and CMS system
- Content support work: uploading content to digital platforms
- Recruitment and management of volunteers to help with digital tasks
- Assisting with funding proposals
- Managing the communications team password manager and ensuring password security
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of three years' experience with a variety of content management (CMS) and constituent relationship management systems (CRM). FoEI currently uses Wordpress and CiviCRM;
- Minimum of three years' experience of website design and development i.e. building a website from scratch;
- Experience with petition and donation tools
- Experience with design / UX;
- Experience with interactive content such as digital maps;
- Fast learner and able to keep abreast of digital developments;
- Experience in streamlining digital systems;
- Experience in Google analytics, and other digital analytics programs, SEO and Web Accessibility;
- Good communicator and independent worker;
- Good command of written and spoken English;
- An interest in environmental/social issues and an affinity with the mission of our organization.
What Friends of the Earth International offers:
- We offer an opportunity to contribute to a better world and work for an inspiring international and culturally diverse network in an office with a small friendly team at a great location in Amsterdam.
- Full time salary between € 3,282 and € 4,056 monthly depending on experience and qualifications.
- Contract duration: 1 year initially, to be renewed upon positive performance evaluation.
- Participation in collective pension arrangement compulsory.
Please send in your letter and CV to Amelia Collins by 22 October 2019 at the latest.
E-mail: vacancies[at]foei.org with ''Digital Coordinator'' in the subject field.
The interviews will take place in the week of November 4, week 45 of 2019. The specific day will be communicated in due time.
Friends of the Earth International is an equal opportunities employer and committed to building a culturally diverse staff. We encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the environmental justice movement .
Please note that, in compliance with GDPR, we will keep your application in our protected files for a maximum of four weeks after the successful closure of this vacancy.